Working Holiday Visa

The Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) is a temporary employment visa that allows young people to experience life in Australia by having an extended holiday supplemented by short-term employment and studying. Applicants that are granted this visa are allowed to stay in Australia for 12 months, and work in the same job for up to 6 months.

To be eligible to apply for this visa you must:

  • be between the ages of 18-30 at the time of the application
  • have a passport from a county that is participating in the Working Holiday Program *
  • have sufficient funds to purchase a return airfare ticket as well as support your trip (AUD5000 are generally regarded sufficient)
  • complete a required health examination

With the Working Holiday Visa you cannot be accompanied by a dependent child at any time during your stay in Australia.

Holders of a Working Holiday Visa are allowed to:

  • enter Australia and stay up to 12 months
  • enter and re-enter any number of times within that period
  • work at any job for up to 6 months with any one employer (you can work for another 6 moths for a different employer)
  • study for up to 4 months

You can extend your stay by applying for a Second Working Holiday Visa. However, you must have completed at least 3 months of specific work in regional Australia to be eligible to apply.

The following countries eligible for this visa include:

  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Cyprus
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France Germany
  • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Korea, Republic of Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Sweden
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom

Work And Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) 

 Also There is another visa called Work And Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) with the similar but a bit different conditions for people from following countries:

  • Argentina
  • Bangladesh
  • Chile
  • Indonesia
  • Malaysia
  • Poland
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • USA
  • Uruguay

For more information and  about the pathways towards permanent residency as a holder of these visas please contact us